Contributions to Third Party (Memos)
This non-reportable transaction is for tracking donations made to other candidates. For example, you may want to track donations made to your competitor. This will show you step by step how to record this non-reportable transaction.
1. Go to Financial, and select Register.
2. On the right hand side of the page select Contrib. to Third Party (Non-Reportable Memo). This is located under the box called, Other Transactions.
3. First Enter in the date of the contribution, then the name of the contributor, then click Find to locate their record in the database or create a new record for the contributor.
4. When you select Find, a new window called Find Transactee will open. Select the name of the contributor by clicking on the Select button. If the record does not exist, then select Add, to create a new record for them.
5. Next enter in the amount of the contribution and select Find New for the organization that the contribution was given to. This will always be an organization record for the campaign or PAC. Remember if the record does not exist in the database you will need to create a new record by clicking on Add.
6. And lastly, enter in any Memo and assign what election this contribution was given for. If you need help in creating different elections in BackOffice, click here.
7. When done, click Save.